Fireplay


I LOVE FIREPLAY
Since the first time I read about fireplay in a BDSM story, I've been curious.  Are you curious about fireplay?  I experience  fireplay at a party once and I was hooked.  It was a great as I imagined.  I had to learn more about it and I attended a class.  For those who haven't heard of fireplay or want to learn more, here's my notes from class.  I will also relay my personal experience.  I hope you will relay your experience too!


Safety
Let's get this out of the way before we get to the good stuff.


Fireplay is considered edgeplay.  It is best to have your safety gear all laid out and in easy reach. 

  1. Always have a fire extinguisher handy.  Know where they are located.
  2. Always have water within reach.  Water in a spray bottle is recommended.
  3. If the players have long hair, make sure it's out of the way.
  4. Blanket on the face to protect and for the hair too.  Fire fumes can burn the lungs.  The blanket or towel on the face helps this out.

Now, the above safety items are dull to talk about in a fictional book, so rarely do authors mention it.  These are for those who want to play.  For those who skip these safety items, it doesn't mean that death or burns are imminent.  All it means is that there is higher risk of injury.  (Do you all wear your seatbelt every time you are in a car?  Do you force passengers in the back to wear their seatbelts too?  Do you wear seatbelt when you are in a cab?  I do only because I enjoy the restraint of a seatbelt.  ^_^ )


Back to the topic at hand.

Tools
Fire wands are 100% cotton.  There should be no polyester.  Polyester bad.


The only type of alcohol to use is 70% isopropyl.  90% will burn too hot.  50% doesn't have enough alcohol and won't light up as easily.  Ethanol is oil based and BAD. 

Some people like to use Vodka, Whiskey, Tequila, etc.  Not recommended.  I'm only going to provide the safe ones.  If you want to experiment, go ahead.  Let me know how it goes. I will not accept any medical bills.


There are multiple kinds of fireplay?
YES!  There are.  I've only experienced fire tickling, fire wanding and fire cupping.  I would like to experience fire kissing and fire knife.

Fire wanding is the standard using a fire wand dipped in alcohol and then lit on fire.  The flaming wand is rubbed across the sub's body.  The flames appear on the body.  Fire tickling is more like drumming on a sub's body with a flaming wand.  Fire cupping doesn't actually involve fire on the sub's body.  Instead, it's using the Chinese cupping technique to heat up the air in the glass cup and then sticking it on the sub's body.  The hot air when cooled, will cause a suction to pull the skin into the cup.  The intensity depends on the size of the cup and the heat of the air in the cup.  This one will leave bruises that look similar to a huge octopus attacking with its suckers.  Does it hurt?  Very good.  Feels soooo goood.


I haven't experienced fire kissing which is blowing alcohol onto the sub.  I've seen it and I'm eager to experience it. Fire knife is when a knife is coated with alcohol and lit on fire.  Then this is applied to the sub's skin and pulled across.  I'm mixed on trying this one because it feels like the skin is being cut.  I really wonder about this sensation.  I want to feel it but it may be too alluring to me because I used to be a minor closet cutter.  I don't want to get hooked back on it.


Is the person on fire then?  Don't they have burn marks? 

Good question.  It's not the skin which is on fire.  Instead, it's the fumes from the alcohol which catches on fire.  If left on the skin long enough, yes, the skin (and hair) will catch on fire. 


Body Parts

Where can we apply the fire?  Pretty much anywhere where there isn't a lot of hair.  Nipples, clit, shaved balls are all fair game.  Basically from head to toe...This is if the head is bald. ^_^

Tips

  1. Less clothing on the sub, less articles that could catch on fire.
  2. Top wearing latex, not a good idea.
  3. Fire retardant blanket on hand is a good idea to help extinguish a fire.
  4. If the sub doesn't want to be naked, spray the clothing with water.  Place a slightly damp towel to cover the clothing as a secondary barrier.
  5. Rub the stem of the wand with water.  Don't dip the cotton part of the wand into the water to extinguish the flame.  It will ruin the wand.

What happens if a burn happens?  IF it is a 1st degree burn, immediately apply water.  Don't use aloe as it will lock in the heat.  If there is a 2nd or 3rd degree burn, get to the hospital immediately.


Lastly, why is fire considered edgeplay?  It's because it can quickly become out of control.

This is what the firecupping leaves as marks.  The one on the left is when the cup is moved on the skin.

Comments

Popular Posts