Fish & Chips

Fish & Chips (Cut & Run, #3)Fish & Chips by Madeleine Urban

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


How about a paid working vacation on a luxury cruise line?  Even better, the trip is with your lover and you get to take the trip together as a couple.  Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett get to play an openly gay couple on a cruise ship.  This is pretty humourous because they have to dress up undercover as a couple.  Ty becomes a very cute and hot pretty boy.  Zane isn't exempt from being changed up.  He even receives a huge and elaborate tramp stamp.  I like it. 

I'm impressed with this third story where the conflict is fast pace and kept me guessing.  The cloaks and dagger kept my interest and I kept wondering when the two would be outed.  The number of players in this caper was fun to try and keep up with.  I kept guessing how it would turn out.  Not exactly as I anticipated, but close enough.

Still, the main focus for me was Ty and Zane's deepening relationship.  It seems as if they take one step forward and two steps back.  Ms. Urban has me hooked and hanging on the edge, wanting to know if they finally come out of the closet.  The way they play with each other in public undercover has me salivating.  I noticed in this third story, the sex in this has increased and is pretty hot.  I wish they could have gotten a little freaky with the toys.

What I really liked about this story is how Ty expresses how he feels to Zane.  The relationship is what really makes the story for me.  I need to feel engaged and involved.  The way Ms. Urban has created these two heroes who are struggling to be with each other is touching.  It transcends the male on male categorization.  To me, it was just two people who are a couple and struggle with their own personal demons.  I like when I focus on the person, not the "sex" or "gender" of the person. 

This third book in the series is great and filled with hot male on male sex.  I recommend this to suspense lovers who also enjoy some smexy scenes.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts