Review: Little Tease


Little Tease
Little Tease by Amy Valenti

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



My review is the SECOND one (even though I turned my in February 2, 2012)

The Romance Review

Ever feel like a mouse being played with by a cat?

Lena is a switch who is currently riding her Domme persona at seventy-one point two percent. Lena's a little analytical, isn't she? She doesn't appreciate becoming prey when she's been predator. Lena and her BDSM friends are enjoying the new fetish club when she meets Josh who is a friend of a friend. Josh is pure Dom. Since Lena is a Domme at this point, she's hesitant to switch back to sub, even if she melts at Josh's Dom vibes.

This story is a bit slow at times, but it was interesting reading about Lena struggling with her desires and what her head tells her. Josh is masterful and sensitive. I'm honestly blown away by his sensitivity and maturity. He never does anything to corner or push Lena into submitting. Instead, he exercises patience and coaxes Lena to trust him. This is the story where the cat plays with its food before he eats it…but he doesn't harm the mouse. The cat may torture, torment and titillate the mouse, but nothing non-consensual. *wink wink*

This dance between Lena and Josh with interference from well-intentioned and callous friends caused me to chortle at times. There is one conflict in the story, which didn't really gel with me. Ben is a sub of Lena's friend, Mel. He does something which I wouldn't really think twice about if I were in Lena's position. I'm not sure why it caused her such humiliation and nearly prevented her from submitting to Josh.

The BDSM in this story was more about D/s and how to build trust in a relationship. This is a nice softer side to the BDSM stories. The scenes were sweet and nothing intense. Just like the title, I found the BDSM scenes to be just a little tease. I recommend this story for new to BDSM readers and those who love the SugarKink. It's a short and sweet read.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts