Review: The Mayor's Daughter II: Stablemate


The Mayor's Daughter II: Stablemate
The Mayor's Daughter II: Stablemate by Will Versuch

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



Jessica aka Sierra is now joined by Amanda. Amanda is renamed to Nevada. Poor Amanda is under age and caught drinking by the sadistic cop. Amanda is different than Jessica because she's a soccer athlete. She has a better chance to be a better draft pony faster than Jessica.

This second installment is fucked up. I don't know now to put this nicely. I really hated the cop in this book. He's a sadistic son of a bitch and should be shot. Shooting him would be way too kind. We are treated to another round of pony girl training with Jessica watching Amanda forced through the early stages. Amanda is receiving a much rougher treatment. At various points of the story I'm hoping Amanda just dies. Death would be kinder. I'm so irritated at this amoral cop who sets the girls up for failure. There is no win here. Even the rewards are punishment.

This story is total non-con. There is no question about the content. Obviously, this story is purely fantasy because there is no bloody way a person can survive the tortures here. Okay, well, maybe those hardcore military guys who are POW. They probably survive worse, but this story is about young girls. There is no body modification which is unusual for a pony girl story. The intense training for a draft versus a show pony is one of the harshest I've read. It isn't sexy at all or arousing. It's full on non-con.

I'm mixed about this story. I despised the main male character. Jessica and Sierra I liked. There wasn't a chance to learn more about them because they spend the majority of the book screaming their heads off. The writing is smooth and moves pretty fast. The world building is just enough so we know why the guy is doing all of this. What we don't know is the end game. Where is this going? At this point, I think the girls are going to die. The ending however is a twist I didn't expect and is left with a cliff hanger. Fortunately, I have book three so I'm going to find out the conclusion to this totally fucked up BDSM fantasy tale. I still give this book a 3.5 not because it is written by a friend. More because the writing style is good and the story is creative. My loathing for the male character is what brings the rating down. Since I only truncate, this is coming across as 3 star on GR. This book is ONLY recommended for BDSM readers who enjoy SM to the extreme. There is absolutely NO romance in this book and nothing sensual. If you like vampires who sparkle in all various shades, do NOT read this book.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts