Review: Forever in One Second


Forever in One Second
Forever in One Second by Finn Marlowe

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars



Forever in One Second is a lovely sentiment. The dedication at the beginning of the book was moving. It makes me wonder what happened to the author's husband. I have a guess, and if I'm right, it's sad. Eager to read the book, I'm a little disappointed.

In this story, Dane and Courtney meet again after years apart. Courtney was a good friend of Dane's deceased brother, Teddy. They meet when Court saves Dane's life. This was pretty cool. Court is a healer through laying of the hands. It's an amazing gift and this was pretty special. The concept behind the "Forever in One Second" is also great. The humour in this story was pretty good too.

What was not good for me and brought this book down from a 3 star to a 2.5 star was the editing. What happened here? I read one of Ms. Marlowe's paranormal romances and I LOVED IT! This book, it's all over the place. We have a Brotherhood that is mentioned in the last part of the book out of nowhere. There are unnamed groups after Court and it's not clear who these groups are. Dane's deal with the "Devil" Remy was odd too. Out of no where we have Pyrokinesis from god know where and then just magically disappears. There are threads all over the place left dangling. This is not what I expect from the talented Ms. Marlowe. It was very odd.

The sex in the book was decent. It didn't do much for me, but the two characters seemed to enjoy themselves a lot. The two characters were cute too, even if I was constantly confused as to who was saying what. I spent quite a bit of time re-reading to make sure I knew who said what. That tends to annoy me too.

This book is recommended for m/m romance readers who like brother's friend to lover stories.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts