Review: The Big Book of Orgasms: 69 Sexy Stories


The Big Book of Orgasms: 69 Sexy Stories
The Big Book of Orgasms: 69 Sexy Stories by Rachel Kramer Bussel

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Focused on the big O? This Big Book of Orgasms is the book for you. This collection of flash stories centers on getting people off. It's a nice selection of some well-known authors as well as new to me authors. It's interesting to see how each writer takes up the challenge to push the reader over the edge with a pleasurable moan.

Overall, each of these stories are surprisingly well written. The editing is superb as expected from a Ms. Kramer Bussel collection. A wide variety of sexual acts are perpetrated. For those who enjoy many different ways to get off, this book is a great primer. Most of these stories are tame. Tame in that they do not push creative boundaries. They are straight to the point, hawt and sexy. Only one or two of them were a bit of a drag due to excessive focus on matters not sexual. Generally, a story is graded by the world building, character, plot, etc. However, in this case, with the limit of only so many words to generate an orgasmic event, sex should be focus. Forget about the previous experience of what takes place at a comic book convention. One of the stories distracted me from the sex because it specifically points out a couple who pride themselves on being eco-friendly, yet one of them commutes bi-coastally. Seriously, what on earth? Commuting every week on a plane is eco-friendly how? Please explain this to me. This irritation distracted me from the story.

The ones I really enjoyed are Scarecrow by Giselle Renarde, Hellfire by Valerie Alexander, Tied by Red by Kay Jaybee and I'm on Fire by Rachel Kramer Bussel. It is no surprise each one of these involves a bit of kink. My personal preference leans towards the kinky so these revved up my engine and left me wanting more. There is one notable passage which had me chuckling and wishing I was quick enough on my feet when I was single and dating.

“Beg me,” he said.

“Hell no.” But my hips did as I tried to capture his dick and failed.

“If you want to come again…”

“I’ll take care of myself in the car.” (p. 72)


My favourite story came as no surprise to me. The minute I saw talented writer Logan Zachary in this collection, I knew I had to read it. Remote Control is by far the most creative. This one immediately went from zero to a hundred in arousal heat. The twist Mr. Zachary wrote is lovely and warped. It shows how deliciously depraved his mind can be. Love it! I wanted more. He ended it just right, leaving the reader imagining more devious sexual shenanigans.

The erotic anthology is recommended to those who enjoy sex and aren't ashamed to admit it.


*I received this book as a review copy in return for an honest review

View all my reviews

     

   

      The Big Book of Orgasms: 69 Sexy Stories
   

 

 
 
    

Comments

Popular Posts