Review: Misery's Way

Misery's Way: A Kit Colbana World StoryMisery's Way: A Kit Colbana World Story by J.C. Daniels

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Ever watch the movie "Leap of Faith"?  A fan of Supernatural?  Misery's Way is a mix between the movie and one of the Supernatural episodes dealing with faith healing.  Frankie is a new character in an offshoot of the Kit Colbana files.  For those who have read that series, this story will contain nuances and references to enhance the enjoyment of the book.  For those who have not read the series, this can be read as a standalone and may entice you to read the series. 


The story starts out straightforward and then it takes unexpected twists and turns.  Trying to figure out how Frankie fits into this world and guessing the kind of supernatural being pulls me into this story.  I like Frankie.  She's ballsy and opinionated.  The secondary characters in this story are also interesting.  Their back and forth friendly arguing reminds me of an old married couple.  I wish this story was longer and I hope Frankie appears again.  It does look promising that she will appear again and we learn more about her.  I have a couple of guesses of what kind of supernatural being is.  The ending of this short novella comes too quickly and leaves me wanting more.  Recommended for paranormal romance readers who enjoy a little sidestep out of reality.

*provided by NetGalley



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts