Review: Part & Parcel

Part & Parcel
Grab a box of tissues, this is going to be an emotional and cathartic ride @abigailroux @riptidebooks
Part & Parcel by Abigail Roux
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Romance Review

Grab a box of tissues, this is going to be an emotional and cathartic ride. Reading the synopsis, I feared this is another death mission where the Sidewinders get together to figure out there is more to Eli's death than they thought. What I did not realize is that this is a mission of brotherhood and finding a place called home.

This story is completely character driven and I loved it. I'm not a huge fan of Nick because of the things he has kept secret. And because I did not really understand him and his motivations. This book completely blows my mind as I see how wrong I have been about Nick all along. I knew he was a good friend. I knew about his loyalty; what I didn't realize is how much of himself he gives. It is beyond explanation how much Nick gives until there is nothing left of him. Tears slipped down my face throughout this tale of remembrance. Switching back and forth between past and present helps both the readers and different characters in the book revisit scenes and see them from a new perspective.

This story is moving as the Digger, Owens, Ty, Nick and Doc reconnect. With Zane as a witness, the men open up and share the good, bad and ugly. Some of the memories hurt a heart to hear. The secrets exposed leave a raw nerve for anyone to poke. The ones which are most sensitive are Nick's as Kelly blunders through and hurts him over and over again. When Kelly grasps all the hurtful words he's thrown at Nick, it is a little too late. Words can cause more damage than physical blows. Nick's body hides hundreds of slices caused by cruel looks and careless words. The worst part is these are all caused by friends who he considers as brothers or a lover.

This journey helps bring the men closer together. I am impressed with Eli's instructions and how well he knows his team. The character development in this book is fabulous and brings a closure which requires no killing, blowing things up or mayhem. Ms. Roux reveals a vulnerable side to each of these men. Her loving touch for each of these characters shows through in the humour and sadness. This story is not a kum bah yah bromance. It is a healing by lancing the old festering wounds through fun, laughter and forgiveness. The games they play to reconnect, even down to the details of how animals adore Nick, is inspiring. I loved this book from the beginning to the end. Highly recommended to romance readers who want their happily ever after and closure.

Comments

Popular Posts