Review: How to be Kinky: A Beginner's Guide to BDSM


How to be Kinky: A Beginner's Guide to BDSM
How to be Kinky: A Beginner's Guide to BDSM by Morpheous

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I resisted reading this book for a long time. I'm not sure if it was because it was non-fiction or because I knew I had to lead a discussion on it. Shame on me! This book is FABULOUS! I wish this book existed when I first wanted to learn about how to be Kinky over 20 years ago. It would have saved me a lot of trial and error.

Morpheous writes in a very easy to read style. His explanations are clear and concise. What I liked most about his book is his encouraging tone. He emphasizes safety in a manner which makes sense yet isn't beating a person over the head with it. The information he provides is in easy bite size pieces.

Generally, the layout of a book doesn't do much for me since I mostly read fiction. For a non-fiction book, it is more critical. It's more critical because there are pieces of information that I want to remember. In addition, the instructions in written form are not always easy for me to visualize. This book is page after page of photos and easy step by step instructions interwoven with the educational topics. LOVE IT! I particularly enjoyed the little BDSM terminology sleekly slid into the side bars. This format breaks up the monotony of a book which could be rather technical and clinical at times.

To combat the dry material (yes, I know this book is about sexy but it can be dry at times) Morpheous interjects testimonials from those in the lifestyle. This personal touch and viewpoint helped bring a deeper connection for me. I am so very glad this is a book we recommended in the BDSM group as a group read. This is going to the top of my list as a recommendation for new to the lifestyle or those who want to spice up their sex life. This is a must read.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts