Review: Tangle of Need


Tangle of Need
Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I couldn't resist switching over to this book and putting it up at the head of my TBR pile. After all the hype, I get it. Finally we have Adria's story. And what a story it is. Her relationship with Martin is sad. I know how she felt. With her being more alpha than her husband, it caused way too many problems. As a headstrong woman myself, Adria's situation spoke to me. Specifically because I've been in two similar relationships and it ended poorly. Nowhere as scarring as Adria's situation, but it definitely left a mark and changed me.

I LOVED Riaz. Good lord, the whole soul mate thing and connecting on a deeper level yet being denied. His situation just about crushed me. I felt deep sorrow for him. The impact on Adria too - because she will always feels second best. It is crushing to feel as though she was the consolation prize. That is one way to look at it. Or, another way is that Riaz loves Adria so much that he'd rather be with her than with his soul mate. I like the latter one better.

The plot thickens in this book. While we are watching Adria and Riaz are trying to find their way through this tangled mess of emotions, the war is starting to get intense. The collateral damage is not good. The numbers were actually smaller than I anticipated. I guess I'm jaded and find that unless it is several thousands of people, it's an acceptable lost. The Psy are definitely heading towards civil war. I predict large scale death with many innocents lost.

What I'm stuck on is the Arrow team. I want to learn more about the beginnings of it. The tie in to Alice has me curious. Another tangent I'm intrigued about is Kaleb's search. Who is this woman? What is she to him? Why was she isolated? What is going on? Then there are the Black Ocean shifters, what are they? I love marine life. I want to know what kind of marine life they shift into too. I bet there are sharks, dolphins, seals, sea lions and whales.

The story is definitely a building block for the storm to come. I'm excited for the next book. I can't wait for it. I highly recommend this latest installment to paranormal romance lovers.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts