Review: Fire and Ice


Fire and Ice
Fire and Ice by Tymber Dalton

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



The Romance Review

Three dragons dancing attendance, a best friend through the centuries and a sudden wealth of family, what more could an orphaned girl want? We are back in the world of Baba Yaga, dragons, werewolves and more. Lina is back with her two hot dragon men, Jan and Rick.

Lina is the human reincarnation of the Goddess. This time around, she remembers her past lives and is ready for the confrontation against the cockatrice. What is a cockatrice? Apparently it's a two-legged dragon with the head of a rooster and it's mean, jealous, greedy, malicious and petty. There isn't a single redeeming quality in the cockatrice. Their goal? Destroy all other shifters and dominate the world.

Lina and her allies, the werewolves, are here to stop the cockatrice once and for all. This latest installment answers many questions and shows how this all began. It seems as if Baba Yaga isn't as objective as she's supposed to be. She continues to answers questions in riddles. We are introduced to her sisters and see how they are tangled into helping to stop the cockatrice.

A new character who I really enjoyed was Callie. She is Baba Yaga's younger sister. Her interaction with Daniel Blackestone turned the heat up from zero to sixty in a blink of an eye. Daniel is an alpha male who makes me wet. Their struggle to see who comes out on top was hot. The sex was just how I like it - rough. This tangent could have thrown the story off; instead, it enhanced it for me. It showed another part to the world which helped move us closer to the end game.

I have to admit, I didn't like Lina so much the first part of this story. She was a bit too whiny for me. I was more interested in learning about the Tablet of Trammel. The mystery of solving how it came to be, where it was and what it did fascinated me. Tying in the wolves from Triple Trouble has me all excited. This takes place before the Lyall triplets, Ain, Brodey, and Cail find their mate. The way Ms. Dalton ties all the threads together is such a pleasure. It's like watching a 500 piece puzzle being put together. However, there are still several questions I want answered, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the next Triple Trouble book.

The last part of the book really did it for me. Lina stepped it up and stopped being so pitiful. She seems to have come into her own and is part of the solution. She's less afraid and more willing to learn about her past. She's also becoming a leader and protector rather than just the one that needs to be protected. This is what makes her more appealing to me. Lastly, I want to know if Baba Yaga ends up with a happily ever after. The hints throughout the book have me questioning her true relationship with Zach. There is one passage which moved my heart and made me gasp. I think I know the answer; I just want Ms. Dalton to validate it in the end game. I highly recommend this story to paranormal lovers who enjoy dragons, werewolves and shifters, oh my!



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts