Review: Fool for Love


Fool for Love
Fool for Love by Harper Bliss

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



This is a delightful erotic story from a new to me author. In Fool for Love, it starts out with a theme I'm not fond of - cheating. Afraid that this book is about infidelity in a romance setting, I nearly stopped reading. However, the writing voice captivates me and I want to learn more about Maddie.

Maddie, short for Madison is an expat in Hong Kong. She's an investment banker from Australia, living the life in HK. It appears, Maddie also suffers from yellow fever. This story which starts out with a train wreck dead end relationship quickly turns into a blossoming romance. The new love interest, Alex, is nursing her own broken heart. What is it with bankers being cheaters? Oh right, they have so much money they can buy what they want.

Ms. Bliss's story brings a bit of nostalgia for me. This is because she describes Hong Kong and I can see it in my mind so well. It's not often I read a romance where it is f/f and it is with Asians, specifically Chinese. Both of these elements add a bit of realism and is better for me. The storyline is smooth and realistic. The focus it nice and tight on Maddie and Alex, yet it leaves room for secondary characters who will be featured in the next book in this series. I'm interested and want to read the next! This book is a 3.5 star for me. I recommend this sweet romance for f/f readers interesting in the journey to finding love.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts