Review: Heart of Obsidian


Heart of Obsidian
Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Read this book now! Don't wait! This is my favourite book of all the ones in the series. The big reveal is finally here. Is it actually a surprise? It wasn't a surprise to me. I figured out who the mysterious power rebel leader in the psy world was a couple of books ago. It's nice to have it confirmed.

This story is fabulous for me because we learn more about Kaleb's life. It's brutal. So horrific and yet it's amazing he is still functioning at such a high level. His a complex person with motives that make sense when all is revealed. Kaleb is absolutely amazing. He's the deadly weapon and so sexy. Plus he makes the world move when he has sex. How cool is this?

Ms. Singh created engaging and loveable characters. In this one, Kaleb and Sahara are both so damaged. It's moved me to tears as we learned about their youth. The fact that they held on to each other through all the torture is moving. Their powers may be out of this world, but it's definitely in the right hands as we see both Kaleb and Sahara wield it carefully.

What I liked about this story is the plot development. Many of my suppositions are validated. The who and why questions in previous books have been answered. While these answers are provided, the reader enjoys rich detail with Kaleb essentially becoming a superhero. He's a mix of Neo in Matrix and Batman, the Dark Night. Saraha is no slouch. Her will power is formidable. Her convictions and loyalty are just as strong. She's the perfect match to Kaleb.

There are so many details entwining together to create a colour and vivid picture. I love it! Ms. Singh's books become better and better. This is a book not to be missed. Highly recommended to paranormal readers who enjoy great characters and delightful plot.
     

   

      Heart of Obsidian  (Psy-Changeling, #12)
   

 

 
 
View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts