Review: Wanting It All


Wanting It All
Wanting It All by Livia Grant

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


New to me author, Ms. Grant is one to watch. Her freshman book, Wanting it all, delivers it all. This is a nice blend of dubious con and romance. This story caught my attention because the blurb reads as a cheating wife receiving her comeuppance. Brianna hooks up with an abusive ex-boyfriend to receive a little kinky smacking. Brianna does come across as a very stupid female who needs to be put down. From the get go, I'm disgusted by her and hope she is thrashed within an inch of her life.

Here's the thing about Brianna. She's one of those people who cut off their nose to spite herself. She runs on emotion and makes decisions based on her feeling even if she knows logically it's wrong. I can't deal with these kind of people. Seriously, I have two siblings like this and it drives me crazy. I've learned to handle them in a manner which doesn't cause them to do stupid things because of their emotions. This is why I liked Tiffany. Tiffany, Brianna's best friend is worth her weight in gold. Tiffany is a voice of reason and placed in a tough spot.

The one I feel badly for is Markus. He's a loving husband who does everything for his wife. The way she treats him is horrible. Thinking I made a mistake with picking this book, I nearly didn't finish it. When Markus's friend Lukus shows up, this is when the story becomes erotically hawt and interesting. I love Lukus. He is sadistic and yet so loving. This is the turning point in the story. Ms. Grant does a lovely job turning the characters around. The back story as it unfolds is great. I'm hooked and I can't wait to read the next book in this Passion Series.

The BDSM in this story is fabulous. There is more SM than D/s which is nice to see. While I'm a D/s gal who can endure the SM, Brianna is a SM bottom. The way Brianna processes pain is accurate to those who are heavy into impact play. The humiliations in this story is just right. Brianna does need to go through penance for her sins. She is a bad little girl who needs to be punished harshly and this book delivers it. At the end of the story, I do like Brianna and feel sorry for her. She's not a bad person. She made poor choices and it looks as if she is moving in the right direction for reconciliation. If only other broken marriages could go through this kind of counseling. I think more marriages could be saved. My favourite quote in this story is - "Stop trying to poke the bear.” (pg. 177, loc. 2712-2712)

When I see this I know there is a bratty submissive and it can be an interesting journey for the submissive. Because sometimes it is too irresistible and one must poke the bear. This kinky story is recommended those who enjoy SM and a repentant wife finding the man of her dreams is right in front of her.

*ARC provided by Blushing Books


View all my reviews
     

   

      Wanting It All
   

 

 
 
    

Comments

Popular Posts