Review: Queen Takes Queen

Queen Takes Queen Queen Takes Queen by Joely Sue Burkhart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Intense, sensual and loving, the third in this series is another breath taking dive into a fantastic world of intrigue, loyalty and betrayal. The first two books in the series should be read before reading this one. Full disclosure, I did not read the blurb. I read the book because I have come to love this series and have already read the books several times over. That being said, I may have come into this book with a misconception when I read the title. I thought perhaps this was going to have some F/f kinky love and I was all ready for it. Spoiler alert...there is really not that much f/f. Maybe a little too much for readers who can not stand women kissing and a bit of petting to first base, but really, I was a bit let down with the lack of girl and girl action. Still, the erotic scenes are rough, primal and just how I like my sex. Five stars on the erotica alone.

Erotica scenes aside, the fighting does take precedence in this story. Not only do we get treated to some wicked cool protection rings, but some nasty ways in vampire war fare. I have never heard of killing through ants, but this was pretty gruesome. I loved the creative ways Ms. Burkhart comes with to combat the destructive insects. And along the way, she somehow manages to pick up another surly warrior. Each of these knights are so different than the other. They are distinctive and memorable. I love that about her character building. I can easily remember the characters and what they are like. They have different personalities and I can distinguish them through their action and their words. Or in this case, with the latest knight, lack of words.

The fighting seems to all be indirect right now. Testing the waters and seeing how Shara fights back. And specifically to see how much power Shara really holds. Each test brings about a lovely orgy to "recharge". I kind of like this kind of recharging of batteries. And as she recharges, she grows in power and needs more knights to fuel her. The last set of knights showing up in this book may be double trouble. I am a bit wary of the growing male harem. Because men can be as catty as women. When they have to share just one woman, it could be a problem. I am wondering how Ms. Burkhart will make this all work out.

I eagerly anticipate the next book in the series. Ms. Burkhart consistently delivers quality stories which transport me away into a magical world. The alpha males and female dominant in this series hits all my happy buttons. Highly recommended to kinky paranormal readers who enjoy a bit of urban fantasy and bloodlust.

* An arc was provided by the author. A review was not required and I gave one anyway. 

Comments

Popular Posts